PDA

View Full Version : VBA Coding for English/Spanish Google Translation Error

trickard
04-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Today something happened and not sure why

I have this code a simple one that was provided last year and has worked fine to translate cells from English to Spanish

=IF(B12<>"",getGoogleTranslation(B12,"en","es"),"")

obviously if something is in Cell B12 it will translate that work into Spanish in the cell I place that code it ....the code I have in the module is as follows;

Public Function getGoogleTranslation(strSource As String, strSourceLang As String, strDestLang As String) As String 'Created by ShredDude
'06 September 2010

Dim strURL As String, x As String
'English = "en"
'Spanish = "es"
strURL = "http://translate.google.com/translate_a/t?client=t&text=" & _
Replace(strSource, " ", "%20") & _
"&hl=en&sl=" & strSourceLang & _
"&tl=" & strDestLang & "&multires=1&pc=0&rom=1&sc=1"

With CreateObject("msxml2.xmlhttp")
.Open "get", strURL, False
.send
x = .responseText
End With

getGoogleTranslation = Replace(Replace(Split(x, """,""")(0), "[", ""), """", "")

End Function

The issue I am having now is that today when I opened the program all I see is =value signs, it appears that the code all of a sudden isn't working.....all the workbooks are acting the same

I tried simply putting a simply sentence in a new workbook and that doesn't work either.....would you have any idea?

it worked fine since I got the coding but not now .....any help please would be appreciated

Tony

Excel Fox
04-10-2015, 01:37 PM
Did you check if there was any change in the firewall settings of your network? Are you in a restricted network, like an office environment for example?

trickard
04-10-2015, 04:18 PM
yeah nothing had been done to the specific computer, even tried two others and all had the same result, wherever I had that code it simply showed a =value error.....is there a simple code that will let a person type a sentence in a cell and then have it translated in another cell in same sheet??

Tony