Thread: How to insert multiple filters to filter one persons name from different column

How to insert multiple filters to filter one persons name from different column

Dear All,

We are into aviation training; and we have several instructors conducting classes different batches, so I have created Excel file along with Batch details and I have assigned Instructors as per the classes according to the date. Now I have excel sheet where 4 batches are running simultaneously and I have assigned same instructor into different batch as per his availability.

My requirement:

I wanted to filter Instructor name across different batches, so that I get to know his utilization into different batches and when is he busy doing what classes.

Example: I have file table like this:
    CLASS/TIME SFI GSI
    ELT-GS/1000-1800 DEV GHOSH

I have the above table for multiple batches, so now when I filter, I would like which batches where SFI(Instructor) DEV GHOSH involved across all the 4 batches in the table.

I have attached my file for your reference, please help me how can i inert multiple filters into different batches so that i get to know the utilization of one instructor.

I have also posted my problem in other forum, please find the link below:
    How to insert Multiple Filters or Write VBA or Excel way to filter
    Please help.
    Regards,
    Pramod
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is this what you are looking for?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

It's usually a bad idea to say that something can't be done.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook

Hello Administrator, Thank you so much for the help, It worked but my requirement is partially solved, however my requirement was to filter unique person name ( now it is happening ) and It should only show his records and rest should be gone when I filter it,

Presently it is filtering that persons name, however it is showing record of others too, however I want only one persons record when I filter it..

Basically when i filter i want only one persons name and against him i want his CLASS/TIME column and Date and week day column day to appear.

Thank you so much for your patience and for your help.

Regards,
    Pramod
    Last edited by pupadhya; 09-19-2013 at 11:55 AM.