Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change Picture Based On DropDown ComboBox Selection Cell Validation Using Formula

Change Picture Based On DropDown ComboBox Selection Cell Validation Using Formula

Hello

Searching this forum i found a excel workbook which will be useful for me if i could understand a couple of features.I have attached the original workbook with a change in the number of cards from 1 to 9 cardsbut if i can understand the features then i will create my own

1. I added another 8 cards from the original card.How do i have each Card work independently of each other.I want to have 9 individual cards but at the moment the first card is the only one working correctly......can each card work individually of each other?
    I want to be able to select any name in any card and it changes?

2. When i select a name from the dropdown list how does it know it has the correct picture?Are the name and picture linked somehow?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Damian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi

Welcome to board!!

You have to change these 3 name ranges accordingly, I guess.

1. rngCurrentName
    2. rngNameIndex
    3. rngPictureIndex
    Last edited by Admin; 06-23-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    Cheers !

Excel Range to BBCode Table
    Use Social Networking Tools If You Like the Answers !

Message to Cross Posters

@ Home - Office 2010/2013/2016 on Win 10 (64 bit); @ Work - Office 2016 on Win 10 (64 bit)

Thank you for the weldcome

Still need help as i am not sure how or what to change to

Could you maybe post how i would change

Thanks

Damian

Still need help

Hi

How do i delete this post please.I would like to try my luck on other Excel Forums

Thanks

damians,

What is your requirement, and what changes have you done to this workbook exactly? As I change the names in Sheet2, the data is only correctly updating for the top left group. Can you post the original link from where you got this file, and mention exactly what you want to achieve. That will give developers here a better idea of how to help you out. Without context, it will not be easy to tell what are the features and what needs to be modified to help you achieve what you are looking for.
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

It's usually a bad idea to say that something can't be done.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook

Hi Excel Fox

This is the link - http://www.excelfox.com/forum/f2/cle...ndbutton-1544/

I have no interest in the clearbutton part of that thread.

I would like to have 9 cards instead of 1 card.I want all 9 cards able to access the same information but work independantly of each other.At the moment the first card (previous attached file has the 9 cards) controls all 9 cards.I want them all to work individually so there will be 9 names and displaying info for that person

Thanks again

Damian

Well in that case, you have to do exactly what Admin suggested.

For each additional card you need, you'll have to create named ranges. Example

rngCurrentName01
    rngNameIndex01
    rngPictureIndex01

for the first card,

rngCurrentName02
    rngNameIndex02
    rngPictureIndex02

for the second card, so on and so forth.

There's also a conditional formatting that is done using formula for all the cells below the names of each person. Just select all the 18 cells (including the cells underneath the picture), and go to conditional format. You'll find the criteria. All of them are almost identical, except the criteria for each color

So, instead of =SUMPRODUCT(LOOKUP(OFFSET(INDIRECT("rng"&F4),rngNa meIndex,0),Vect,Rslt))>=13, you'll need to use

=SUMPRODUCT(LOOKUP(OFFSET(INDIRECT("rng"&F4),rngNa meIndex01,0),Vect,Rslt))>=13
    OR
    =SUMPRODUCT(LOOKUP(OFFSET(INDIRECT("rng"&F4),rngNa meIndex02,0),Vect,Rslt))>=13, so on and so forth

Find attached a sample
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook

Thanks Excel Fox

Did you have an example which included 2 cards or more as the attached file only has the single card

If yes could you please attach

Thanks again

Damian

Oops. I selected the wrong file. Will share later in the day after I get home.

Join us at Facebook