Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Appendix Thread. ( Codes for other Threads, ( Avinash ).)

Fuhrer, Vierte Reich DocAElstein's Avatar
    In support of this Forum post:
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post12575

Before:
    _____ Workbook: 1.xlsx ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    M
    Stock Name Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data Data
    ACC
    ADANIENT
    ADANIPORTS
    If there are no highlighted colour cells in the row then copy paste the firt cells of that row i. e 800(B4)
    ADANIPOWER
    and sorry Doc Sir one mistake happened from my end in providing the info to u , we have to copy and paste the data after highlighted colours cells
    AMARAJABAT
    And one more thing plz see A8 it doesnt have highlighted colour cells in that row then we have to copy and paste the first cell i. e B8(800)but A8 will not match with column B of 2.xlsx so ignore that don't do anything for that just ignore it
    AMBUJACEM
    ONGC
    Worksheet: Sheet1
    _____ Workbook: 2.xlsx ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    M
    Exchange Symbol Series/Expiry Open High Low Prev Close LTP
    NSE ACC EQ
    NSE AMARAJABAT EQ
    NSE ADANIENT EQ
    NSE AMBUJACEM EQ
    NSE ADANIPORTS EQ
    NSE ADANIPOWER EQ
    need match column A stock name of 1.xlsx with column B of 2. xlsx and if it matches then we have to copy and paste the data after highlighted colours cells in that row of 1.xlsx and paste it to column L OF 2.xlsx

If there are no highlighted colour cells in the row then copy paste the firt cells of that row i. e 800(B4)
    And one more thing plz see A8 it doesnt have highlighted colour cells in that row then we have to copy and paste the first cell i. e B8(800)but A8 will not match with column B of 2.xlsx so ignore that don't do anything for that just ignore it

here is after
    _____ Workbook: 2.xlsx ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    M
    Exchange Symbol Series/Expiry Open High Low Prev Close LTP
    NSE ACC EQ
    NSE AMARAJABAT EQ
    NSE ADANIENT EQ
    NSE AMBUJACEM EQ
    NSE ADANIPORTS EQ
    NSE ADANIPOWER EQ

_.______________________

here is latest macro, in next post....
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    If you are my enemy, we will try to kick the fucking shit out of you…..
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

Macro for last post
    Code:
    Sub PasteHighlightedCellsFromMatchedColumnRows2() ' http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2425-Copy-and-paste-by-highlighted-colour-Paste-Highlighted-Cells-From-Matched-Column-Rows?p=12575&viewfull=1#post12575
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim Ws1 As Worksheet, Ws2 As Worksheet
     Set Ws1 = Workbooks("1.xlsx").Worksheets.Item("Sheet1"): Set Ws2 = Workbooks("2.xlsx").Worksheets.Item("Sheet1")
    Rem 2  .... initial adjustment so that I can detect the highlighted cells in a different way
    Dim Rng As Range
    '  For Each Rng In Ws1.UsedRange.Offset(0, 2).Resize(, Ws1.UsedRange.Columns.Count - 2) ' We are intersted in the range offset 2 columns to the left of size 2 columns less than the main used range
      For Each Rng In Ws1.Range("A2:L" & Ws1.UsedRange.Rows.Count & "")
        If Rng.Interior.Color = 65535 Then
         Let Rng.Value = "=" & """" & Rng.Value & """"
        Else
        End If
      Next Rng
    Rem 3  match column A stock name of 1.xlsx with column B of 2.xlsx and if it matches then copy the yellow highlighted colured cell data in that row of 1.xlsx and paste it to column L OF 2.xlsx
    Dim Lr1 As Long: Let Lr1 = Ws1.UsedRange.Rows.Count
      For Each Rng In Ws1.Range("A2:A" & Lr1 & "") '  Ws1 column A
      Dim Lr2 As Long: Let Lr2 = Ws2.UsedRange.Rows.Count
      Dim SrchRng As Range: Set SrchRng = Ws2.Range("B2:B" & Lr2 & "")
      Dim RngMtch As Range
       Set RngMtch = SrchRng.Find(What:=Rng.Value, After:=Ws2.Range("B2"), LookAt:=xlWhole, searchorder:=xlNext, MatchCase:=True) '
        If RngMtch Is Nothing Then

Else ' a cell from column a 1.xlsx is matched to a cell from column B 2.xlsx
        Dim HigChk As Range
         Set HigChk = Rng.Offset(0, 1).Resize(, Ws1.UsedRange.Columns.Count - 1).Find(What:="=", LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart)
            If Not HigChk Is Nothing Then ' we found a highlighted cell -----------
            ' copy the yellow highlighted colured cell data in that row of 1.xlsx
             Rng.Offset(0, 1).Resize(, Ws1.UsedRange.Columns.Count - 1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, xlNumbers + xlTextValues).Offset(0, 1).Copy
            ' paste it to column L OF 2.xlsx
            Else ' case no highlighted cell, so column B should be copüied from 1.xlsx
             Rng.Offset(0, 1).Copy
            End If                        ' we were looking for highligted cell ---
         Ws2.Range("L" & RngMtch.Row & "").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
        End If
      Next Rng ' Ws1 column A
    Rem 4 save and close both the file after doing the process
    Workbooks("1.xlsx").Close savechanges:=False
    Workbooks("2.xlsx").Close savechanges:=True
    End Sub

1.xlsx : https://app.box.com/s/dgufdfvw3lm3knkvwvp0xgiqpwarqf69
    2.xlsx : https://app.box.com/s/51cykk4zd6ldan8puz70o3zyj0e17rwf
    macro.xlsm : https://app.box.com/s/tbis0g4n6l6386df6xjwh4cirbtgphzl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of this Thread
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ge29#post12481

Code:
    Sub FileTypesHereDoubleDriverFull_Clamers_SquareBrackets()
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim Ws As Worksheet: Set Ws = Me
    Dim Rng As Range: Set Rng = Ws.Range("F5:G670")
    'Dim arrFiles() As Variant: Let arrFiles() = Rng.Value2
    Rem 2 File extension types
    Dim Ddl As Long, Sys As Long, Bin As Long, Cpa As Long, Vp As Long, Els As Long
    Dim Inf As Long, Ini As Long, Cat As Long, Gpd As Long, Xml As Long, Gdl As Long
    Dim Ddl2 As Long, Sys2 As Long, Bin2 As Long, Cpa2 As Long, Vp2 As Long, Els2 As Long
    Dim Inf2 As Long, Ini2 As Long, Cat2 As Long, Gpd2 As Long, Xml2 As Long, Gdl2 As Long
    Dim Ddl3 As Long, Sys3 As Long, Bin3 As Long, Cpa3 As Long, Vp3 As Long, Els3 As Long
    Dim Inf3 As Long, Ini3 As Long, Cat3 As Long, Gpd3 As Long, Xml3 As Long, Gdl3 As Long
    Dim Js As Long, Dpd As Long, Ppd As Long, Cab As Long, Bag As Long, Exe As Long
    Dim Js2 As Long, Dpd2 As Long, Ppd2 As Long, Cab2 As Long, Bag2 As Long, Exe2 As Long
    Dim Js3 As Long, Dpd3 As Long, Ppd3 As Long, Cab3 As Long, Bag3 As Long, Exe3 As Long
    Dim Dpb As Long
    Dim Dpb2 As Long
    Dim Dpb3 As Long
    Rem 3 Looping
    'Dim ClCnt As Long, RwCnt As Long
    Dim rngStr As Range ' a single cell to use as a stear element in the For Next loop
        For Each rngStr In Rng
    '    For RwCnt = 1 To UBound(arrFiles(), 1)
    '        For ClCnt = 1 To UBound(arrFiles(), 2)
                'If arrFiles(RwCnt, ClCnt) = "" Then
                If rngStr.Value = "" Then
                ' Empty cell, so do nothing
                Else ' Time to look at cell value
                    'If Left(arrFiles(RwCnt, ClCnt), 3) = "C:\" And InStr(4, arrFiles(RwCnt, ClCnt), ".", vbBinaryCompare) > 1 Then ' use some criteria to check we have a file path
                    'If Left(RngStr.Value, 3) = "C:\" And InStr(4, RngStr.Value, ".", vbBinaryCompare) > 1 Then ' use some criteria to check we have a file path
                    If InStr(2, rngStr.Value, ".", vbBinaryCompare) > 1 Then  ' use some criteria to check we have a file path
                    ' Get the extension
                    Dim Xtn As String
                    'Let Xtn = Mid(arrFiles(RwCnt, ClCnt), (InStr(4, arrFiles(RwCnt, ClCnt), ".", vbBinaryCompare) + 1))
                     Let Xtn = Mid(rngStr.Value, (InStr(2, rngStr.Value, ".", vbBinaryCompare) + 1))
                        Select Case UCase(Xtn)
                         Case "SYS"
                          Let Sys = Sys + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Sys2 = Sys2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Sys3 = Sys3 + 1
                         Case "DLL"
                          Let Ddl = Ddl + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Ddl2 = Ddl2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Ddl3 = Ddl3 + 1
                         Case "BIN"
                          Let Bin = Bin + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Bin2 = Bin2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Bin3 = Bin3 + 1
                         Case "CPA"
                          Let Cpa = Cpa + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Cpa2 = Cpa2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Cpa3 = Cpa3 + 1
                         Case "VP"
                          Let Vp = Vp + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Vp2 = Vp2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Vp3 = Vp3 + 1
                         ' Inf As Long, Ini As Long, Cat As Long, Gpd As Long, Xml As Long, Gdl As Long
                          Case "INF"
                          Let Inf = Inf + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Inf2 = Inf2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Inf3 = Inf3 + 1
                         Case "INI"
                          Let Ini = Ini + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Ini2 = Ini2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Ini3 = Ini3 + 1
                         Case "CAT"
                          Let Cat = Cat + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Cat2 = Cat2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Cat3 = Cat3 + 1
                         Case "GPD"
                          Let Gpd = Gpd + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Gpd2 = Gpd2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Gpd3 = Gpd3 + 1
                         Case "XML"
                          Let Xml = Xml + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Xml2 = Xml2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Xml3 = Xml3 + 1
                         Case "GDL"
                          Let Gdl = Gdl + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Gdl2 = Gdl2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Gdl3 = Gdl3 + 1
                         ' Js As Long, Dpd As Long, Ppd As Long, Cab As Long, Bag As Long, Exe As Long
                         Case "JS"
                          Let Js = Js + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Js2 = Js2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Js3 = Js3 + 1
                         Case "DPD"
                          Let Dpd = Dpd + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Dpd2 = Dpd2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Dpd3 = Dpd3 + 1
                         Case "PPD"
                          Let Ppd = Ppd + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Ppd2 = Ppd2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Ppd3 = Ppd3 + 1
                         Case "CAB"
                          Let Cab = Cab + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Cab2 = Cab2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Cab3 = Cab3 + 1
                         Case "BAG"
                          Let Bag = Bag + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Bag2 = Bag2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Bag3 = Bag3 + 1
                         Case "EXE"
                          Let Exe = Exe + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Exe2 = Exe2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Exe3 = Exe3 + 1
                         ' DPB
                         Case "DPB"
                          Let Dpb = Dpb + 1: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Dpb2 = Dpb2 + 1: If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Dpd3 = Dpd3 + 1

Case Else
                          Debug.Print "Case Else   " & rngStr.Value
                          Let Els = Els + 1:: If rngStr.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let Els2 = Els2 + 1
                        End Select
                    Else ' not a file path
                    End If
                End If
    '        Next ClCnt
    '    Next RwCnt
        Next rngStr
    Rem 4 output

Debug.Print "sys   " & Sys & " (" & Sys2 & ") [" & Sys3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "dll   " & Ddl & " (" & Ddl2 & ") [" & Ddl3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "bin   " & Bin & " (" & Bin2 & ") [" & Bin3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "cpa   " & Cpa & " (" & Cpa2 & ") [" & Cpa3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "vp   " & Vp & " (" & Vp2 & ") [" & Vp3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "els   " & Els & " (" & Els2 & ")"
    ' Inf As Long, Ini As Long, Cat As Long, Gpd As Long, Xml As Long, Gdl As Long
    Debug.Print "inf   " & Inf & " (" & Inf2 & ") [" & Inf3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "ini   " & Ini & " (" & Ini2 & ") [" & Ini3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "cat   " & Cat & " (" & Cat2 & ") [" & Cat3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "gpd   " & Gpd & " (" & Gpd2 & ") [" & Gpd3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "xml   " & Xml & " (" & Xml2 & ") [" & Xml3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "gdl   " & Gdl & " (" & Gdl2 & ") [" & Gdl3 & "]"
    ' Js As Long, Dpd As Long, Ppd As Long, Cab As Long, Bag As Long, Exe As Long
    Debug.Print "js   " & Js & " (" & Js2 & ") [" & Js3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "dpd   " & Dpd & " (" & Dpd2 & ") [" & Dpd3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "cab   " & Cab & " (" & Cab2 & ") [" & Cab3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "bag   " & Bag & " (" & Bag2 & ") [" & Bag3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "ppd   " & Ppd & " (" & Ppd2 & ") [" & Ppd3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "exe   " & Exe & " (" & Exe2 & ") [" & Exe3 & "]"
    ' DPB
    Debug.Print "dpb   " & Dpb & " (" & Dpb2 & ") [" & Dpb3 & "]"

Debug.Print " Total " & Sys + Ddl + Bin + Cpa + Vp + Els + Inf + Ini + Cat + Gpd + Xml + Gdl + Js + Dpd + Cab + Bag + Ppd + Exe + Dpb & " (" & Sys2 + Ddl2 + Bin2 + Cpa2 + Vp2 + Els2 + Inf2 + Ini2 + Cat2 + Gpd2 + Xml2 + Gdl2 + Js2 + Dpd2 + Cab2 + Bag2 + Ppd2 + Exe2 + Dpb2 & ") [" & Sys3 + Ddl3 + Bin3 + Cpa3 + Vp3 + Els3 + Inf3 + Ini3 + Cat3 + Gpd3 + Xml3 + Gdl3 + Js3 + Dpd3 + Cab3 + Bag3 + Ppd3 + Exe3 + Dpb3 & "]"
    End Sub

Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of this post
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ge29#post12484

Code:
    '  Macro to color text of matching files in two worksheets
    Sub CompareDriverFilesCommandIndrivers()  '
    Rem 0
        If ActiveSheet.Name <> "PowerShell" Then
         MsgBox prompt:="Oops": Exit Sub
        Else
        End If
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim Wsdr As Worksheet, WsCmd As Worksheet
     Set Wsdr = Worksheets("drivers"): Set WsCmd = Worksheets("PowerShell")

Rem 2 Looking at each cell in the selection
    ' Random number between 3 and 56 to get color index for any matching file names (1 is black, 2 is white , up to 56 is other colors:  3 to 56   is like  (0 to 53)+3  Rnd gives like  0-.99999  so (Int(Rnd*54))+3  is what we want
    Dim ClrIdx As Long
     Randomize: Let ClrIdx = (Int(Rnd * 54)) + 3

Dim SrchForCel As Range
        For Each SrchForCel In Selection ' Take each cell in selected range
        Dim CelVl As String: Let CelVl = SrchForCel.Value
            'If CelVl <> "" And Left(CelVl, 3) = "C:\" And InStr(4, CelVl, ".", vbBinaryCompare) > 1 Then ' use some criteria to check we have a file path
            If CelVl <> "" And InStr(4, CelVl, ".", vbBinaryCompare) > 1 Then  ' use some criteria to check we have a file and not a Folder name with a  .  in it
                If Len(CelVl) > (InStr(4, CelVl, ".", vbBinaryCompare) + 3) Then
                ' case a lot of characters after the  .  so we probably have a Folder name
                Else
                Dim FileNmeSrchFor As String
                 Let FileNmeSrchFor = Right(CelVl, (Len(CelVl)) - (InStrRev(CelVl, "\", -1, vbBinaryCompare))) ' Determine the file name as that looking from the right as many characters as (the total character number) - (the position looking from the right of a "\")
                Rem 3 We now should have a file name, so we look for it in worksheet  DDAllBefore
                Dim SrchRng As Range: Set SrchRng = Application.Range("=drivers!D4:drivers!E180")    '
                Dim FndCel As Range
                 Set FndCel = SrchRng.Find(what:=FileNmeSrchFor, After:=Application.Range("=drivers!D4"), LookAt:=xlPart, searchorder:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False) '
                    If Not FndCel Is Nothing Then ' the range is set, so the file string has been found in a cell in  DDAllBefore
                    Rem 4 we have two matching cells
                     'Debug.Print FndCel.Value
                    '4b) color matching file names in each worksheet, we do the unecerssary activating and selecting so we can see what is going in
                     WsCmd.Activate: SrchForCel.Select
                     Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("00:00:01"))
                     'Let SrchForCel.Characters(((InStrRev(CelVl, "\", -1, vbBinaryCompare)) + 1), (Len(CelVl)) - (InStrRev(CelVl, "\", -1, vbBinaryCompare))).Font.ColorIndex = ClrIdx
                     Let SrchForCel.Font.ColorIndex = ClrIdx
                     Wsdr.Activate: FndCel.Select
                     Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("00:00:02"))
                     Let FndCel.Font.ColorIndex = ClrIdx
                    Else ' No match was found - the thing in the cell in
                    End If
                End If ' end of check that the string with a  .  in it was a file
            Else ' case no file string in cell
            End If
        Next SrchForCel
    End Sub

Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of this Post
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ge29#post12485

Code:
    '  Macro to color text of matching files in two worksheets
    Sub CompareDriverFilesCommandInDriverStore()  '
    Rem 0
        If ActiveSheet.Name <> "PowerShell" Then
        Else
        End If
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim WsDS As Worksheet, WsCmd As Worksheet
     Set WsDS = Worksheets("DriverStore"): Set WsCmd = Worksheets("PowerShell")

' Random number between 3 and 56 to get color index for any matching file names (1 is black, 2 is white , up to 56 is other colors:  3 to 56   is like  (0 to 53)+3  Rnd gives like  0-.99999  so (Int(Rnd*54))+3  is what we want
    Dim ClrIdx As Long

Dim SrchForCel As Range
            'If CelVl <> "" And Left(CelVl, 3) = "C:\" And InStr(4, CelVl, ".", vbBinaryCompare) > 1 Then ' use some criteria to check we have a file path
            If CelVl <> "" And InStr(4, CelVl, ".", vbBinaryCompare) > 1 Then  ' use some criteria to check we have a file and not a Folder name with a  .  in it
                If Len(CelVl) > (InStr(4, CelVl, ".", vbBinaryCompare) + 3) Then
                ' case a lot of characters after the  .  so we probably have a Folder name
                Else
                 Let FileNmeSrchFor = Right(CelVl, (Len(CelVl)) - (InStrRev(CelVl, "\", -1, vbBinaryCompare))) ' Determine the file name as that looking from the right as many characters as (the total character number) - (the position looking from the right of a "\")
                Rem 3 We now should have a file name, so we look for it in worksheet  DDAllBefore
                Dim SrchRng As Range: Set SrchRng = Application.Range("=DriverStore!D5:DriverStore!F4437")    '
                Dim FndCel As Range
                 Set FndCel = SrchRng.Find(what:=FileNmeSrchFor, After:=Application.Range("=DriverStore!D5"), LookAt:=xlPart, searchorder:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False) '
                    If Not FndCel Is Nothing Then ' the range is set, so the file string has been found in a cell in  DDAllBefore
                    '4b) color matching file names in each worksheet, we do the unecerssary activating and selecting so we can see what is going in
                     WsCmd.Activate: SrchForCel.Select
                     'Let SrchForCel.Characters(((InStrRev(CelVl, "\", -1, vbBinaryCompare)) + 1), (Len(CelVl)) - (InStrRev(CelVl, "\", -1, vbBinaryCompare))).Font.ColorIndex = ClrIdx
                     WsDS.Activate: FndCel.Select
                    End If
                End If ' end of check that the string with a  .  in it was a file
            Else ' case no file string in cell
            End If
        Next SrchForCel
    End Sub

Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of these threads.
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ge30#post12493

http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ge33#post12597

Code:
    '
    Sub CompareDriverFilesDeviceManagerInDoubleDriverAllList2()
    Rem 0
        If ActiveSheet.Name <> "DeviceManagerProperties" Then
        Else
        End If
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim WsDMP As Worksheet, WsDDA As Worksheet
     Set WsDMP = Worksheets("DeviceManagerProperties"): Set WsDDA = Worksheets("DDAllBefore")

Dim ClrIdx As Long

Dim SrchForCel As Range
            If CelVl <> "" And Left(CelVl, 3) = "C:\" And InStr(4, CelVl, ".", vbBinaryCompare) > 1 Then ' use some criteria to check we have a file path
            Dim SrchRng As Range: Set SrchRng = Application.Range("=DDAllBefore!F5:DDAllBefore!G670")    ' WsDDA.Range("=F5:G670")
            Dim FndCel As Range
             Set FndCel = SrchRng.Find(what:=FileNmeSrchFor, After:=Application.Range("=DDAllBefore!F5"), LookAt:=xlPart, searchorder:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False) '
                 WsDMP.Activate: SrchForCel.Select
                 WsDDA.Activate: FndCel.Select
                End If
            Else ' case no file path string in cell
            End If
        Next SrchForCel
    End Sub

For
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ge30#post12492
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of this post:
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ge36#post12628

Note a new modification... for the case of when a cell in Device Manger is coloured ( indicating a match to drivers ) but the case when no match is found in DriverStore. We then need to make the underline which we are using as an indication for a match to drivers
    Code:
                Else ' No match was found - the thing in the cell in this worksheet is not in the other worksheet
                    If SrchForCel.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let SrchForCel.Font.Underline = True 'we need an extra check for if the cell is already coluoured indicating a match in drivers
                End If

Code:
    Sub CompareDriverFilesDeviceManagerInDriverStore2() '
    Rem 0
        If ActiveSheet.Name <> "DeviceManagerProperties" Then
        Else
        End If
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim WsDMP As Worksheet, WsDrSt As Worksheet
     Set WsDMP = Worksheets("DeviceManagerProperties"): Set WsDrSt = Worksheets("DriverStore")

Dim ClrIdx As Long

Dim SrchForCel As Range
        For Each SrchForCel In Selection ' Take each cell in selected range. Each should be a cell in DeviceManagerProperties
            If CelVl <> "" And Left(CelVl, 3) = "C:\" And InStr(4, CelVl, ".", vbBinaryCompare) > 1 Then ' use some criteria to check we have a file path
             Let FileNmeSrchFor = Right(CelVl, (Len(CelVl)) - (InStrRev(CelVl, "\", -1, vbBinaryCompare))) ' Determine the file name as that looking from the right as many characters as (the total character number) - (the position looking from the right of a "\")  ---   the characters count left over after the subtraction is equal to the character length of the file name
            Dim SrchRng As Range: Set SrchRng = Application.Range("=DriverStore!D5:DriverStore!F4437")    '
            Dim FndCel As Range: Set FndCel = SrchRng.Find(what:=FileNmeSrchFor, After:=Application.Range("=DriverStore!D5"), LookAt:=xlPart, searchorder:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False) '
                '4a) but we might already have a match,
                    If SrchForCel.Font.Color <> 0 Then ' Extra things to do if we already found the cell value in drivers
                     Let ClrIdx = SrchForCel.Font.ColorIndex ' this will make the line below to colorthe text of this cell redundant but will ensure that we use the same color in the DriverStore worksheet rather than the randomly generated one
                     WsDMP.Activate: SrchForCel.Select
                     Let SrchForCel.Font.Underline = True
                    Else
                    End If
                  Do While Not FndCel Is Nothing ' Start Find next loop ======
                    WsDMP.Activate: SrchForCel.Select ' This worksheet will be colured
                    Let SrchForCel.Font.Italic = True

WsDrSt.Activate: FndCel.Select ' the other workseet
                  Set FndCel = Application.Range("=DriverStore!D" & FndCel.Row + 1 & ":DriverStore!F4437").Find(what:=FileNmeSrchFor, After:=Application.Range("=DriverStore!F4437"), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, searchorder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False)  '
                  Loop  '  End Find next loop =================================
                Else ' No match was found - the thing in the cell in this worksheet is not in the other worksheet
                    If SrchForCel.Font.Color <> 0 Then Let SrchForCel.Font.Underline = True 'we need an extra check for if the cell is already coluoured indicating a match in drivers
                End If
            Else ' case no file path string in cell
            End If
        Next SrchForCel
    End Sub
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of this Post
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ge39#post12659

Code:
    Sub FileTypesHereInDeviceManagerPropertiesUndDriverStoreUnddrivers2() '   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2408-Windows-10-and-Office-Excel/page39#post12659                                http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2408-Windows-10-and-Office-Excel/page18#post12360
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim Ws As Worksheet: Set Ws = Me
    Dim Rng As Range: Set Rng = Ws.Range("D2:F264")
    'Dim arrFiles() As Variant: Let arrFiles() = Rng.Value2
    Rem 2 File extension types
    Dim Ddl As Long, Sys As Long, Bin As Long, Cpa As Long, Vp As Long, Els As Long
    Dim Ddl2 As Long, Sys2 As Long, Bin2 As Long, Cpa2 As Long, Vp2 As Long, Els2 As Long
    Dim Ddl3 As Long, Sys3 As Long, Bin3 As Long, Cpa3 As Long, Vp3 As Long, Els3 As Long
    Rem 3 Looping
    'Dim ClCnt As Long, RwCnt As Long
    Dim rngStr As Range ' a single cell to use as a stear element in the For Next loop
        For Each rngStr In Rng
    '    For RwCnt = 1 To UBound(arrFiles(), 1)
    '        For ClCnt = 1 To UBound(arrFiles(), 2)
                'If arrFiles(RwCnt, ClCnt) = "" Then
                If rngStr.Value = "" Then
                ' Empty cell, so do nothing
                Else ' Time to look at cell value
                    'If Left(arrFiles(RwCnt, ClCnt), 3) = "C:\" And InStr(4, arrFiles(RwCnt, ClCnt), ".", vbBinaryCompare) > 1 Then ' use some criteria to check we have a file path
                    If Left(rngStr.Value, 3) = "C:\" And InStr(4, rngStr.Value, ".", vbBinaryCompare) > 1 Then ' use some criteria to check we have a file path
                    ' Get the extension
                    Dim Xtn As String
                    'Let Xtn = Mid(arrFiles(RwCnt, ClCnt), (InStr(4, arrFiles(RwCnt, ClCnt), ".", vbBinaryCompare) + 1))
                     Let Xtn = Mid(rngStr.Value, (InStr(4, rngStr.Value, ".", vbBinaryCompare) + 1))
                        Select Case UCase(Xtn)
                         Case "SYS"
                          Let Sys = Sys + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Italic = True Then Let Sys2 = Sys2 + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Sys3 = Sys3 + 1
                         Case "DLL"
                          Let Ddl = Ddl + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Italic = True Then Let Ddl2 = Ddl2 + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Ddl3 = Ddl3 + 1
                         Case "BIN"
                          Let Bin = Bin + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Italic = True Then Let Bin2 = Bin2 + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Bin3 = Bin3 + 1
                         Case "CPA"
                          Let Cpa = Cpa + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Italic = True Then Let Cpa2 = Cpa2 + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Cpa3 = Cpa3 + 1
                         Case "VP"
                          Let Vp = Vp + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Italic = True Then Let Vp2 = Vp2 + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Vp3 = Vp3 + 1
                         Case Else
                          Debug.Print "Case Else   " & rngStr.Value
                          Let Els = Els + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Italic = True Then Let Els2 = Els2 + 1
                          If rngStr.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle Then Let Els3 = Els3 + 1
                        End Select
                    Else ' not a file path
                    End If
                End If
    '        Next ClCnt
    '    Next RwCnt
        Next rngStr
    Rem 4 output

Debug.Print "sys     " & Sys & " (" & Sys2 & ")   [" & Sys3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "dll     " & Ddl & " (" & Ddl2 & ")   [" & Ddl3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "bin     " & Bin & " (" & Bin2 & ")   [" & Bin3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "cpa     " & Cpa & " (" & Cpa2 & ")   [" & Cpa3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "vp      " & Vp & " (" & Vp2 & ")    [" & Vp3 & "]"
    Debug.Print "els     " & Els & " (" & Els2 & ")   [" & Els3 & "]"

Debug.Print "Totals " & Sys + Ddl + Bin + Cpa + Vp + Els & " (" & Sys2 + Ddl2 + Bin2 + Cpa2 + Vp2 + Els2 & ") [" & Sys3 + Ddl3 + Bin3 + Cpa3 + Vp3 + Els3 & "]"
    End Sub

Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of this Thread answer
    http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtop...=34247#p265646

Code:
    Option Explicit
    Sub DDAllEarlier_Marz172020()  '    http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=34247#p265646
    Dim WsDDD As Worksheet: Set WsDDD = Worksheets("DDAllEarlier_Marz17")
    Dim RngDD As Range, rngDB As Range  '     =ANZAHL2(B2:B550) 255         =ANZAHL2(D2:D550)    366
     Set RngDD = WsDDD.Range("B2:B550"): Set rngDB = WsDDD.Range("D2:D550")
    ' take each cell in column B range and find it in column D, but find next if the text is already coloured
    Dim Rng As Range
        For Each Rng In RngDD '----------------------|
            If Rng <> "" Then
            Dim ClrIdx As Long: Randomize: Let ClrIdx = (Int(Rnd * 54)) + 3
            Dim FndRng As Range
             Set FndRng = rngDB.Find(what:=Rng.Value, After:=rngDB.Cells.Item(1), LookAt:=xlPart, searchorder:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False) '
                If Not FndRng Is Nothing Then ' we have a match that may or may not have already been found.
                    Do While Not FndRng Is Nothing ' ===
                        If FndRng.Font.Color = 0 Then ' case "virgin black" text
                         FndRng.Select
                         Let FndRng.Font.ColorIndex = ClrIdx

Rng.Select
                         Let Rng.Font.ColorIndex = ClrIdx

Set FndRng = Nothing ' This will force the Loop to end after a succesful match
                        Else ' The cell text is already colored, so try again
                         Set FndRng = WsDDD.Range("D" & FndRng.Row + 1 & ":D550").Find(what:=Rng.Value, After:=WsDDD.Range("D550"), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, searchorder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False)  '   https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49094391/excel-vba-range-findnext-v-range-find-what-have-i-missed/49181464#49181464
                        End If
                    Loop ' looping for next match ======
                Else ' no cell value match
                End If
            Else ' case rng has not text in it
            End If
        Next Rng  ' Each Rng In RngDD ---------------|
    End Sub
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of these posts
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ge40#post12669
    http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtop...=34247#p265646

Code:
    ' _   Marz 2020
    Sub DeviceManagerPropertiesMarz172020()  '    http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=34247#p265646
    Dim WsDMP As Worksheet: Set WsDMP = Worksheets("DeviceManagerProperties")
    Dim rngDMP1 As Range, rngDMP2 As Range  '           B1:F550          G1:J550
     Set rngDMP1 = WsDMP.Range("B5:F550"): Set rngDMP2 = WsDMP.Range("G5:J550")
    ' take each cell in range for original DMP and find it in range for new DMP but find next if the interior is already coloured
    Dim Rng As Range
        For Each Rng In rngDMP1 '----------------------|
            If Rng <> "" Then
            Dim ClrIdx As Long: Randomize: Let ClrIdx = (Int(Rnd * 54)) + 3
            Dim FndRng As Range
             Set FndRng = rngDMP2.Find(what:=Rng.Value, After:=rngDMP2.Cells.Item(1), LookAt:=xlPart, searchorder:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False) '
                If Not FndRng Is Nothing Then ' we have a match that may or may not have already been found.
                    Do While Not FndRng Is Nothing ' ===
                        If FndRng.Interior.ColorIndex = -4142 Then  ' case "virgin "white"" text
                         FndRng.Select
                         Let FndRng.Interior.ColorIndex = ClrIdx

Rng.Select
                         Let Rng.Interior.ColorIndex = ClrIdx
                         Set FndRng = Nothing ' This will force the Loop to end after a succesful match
                        Else ' The cell already has background color, so try again from next row
                         Set FndRng = WsDMP.Range("G" & FndRng.Row + 1 & ":J550").Find(what:=Rng.Value, After:=WsDMP.Range("J550"), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, searchorder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False)  '   https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49094391/excel-vba-range-findnext-v-range-find-what-have-i-missed/49181464#49181464
                        End If
                    Loop ' looping for next match ======
                Else ' no cell value match
                End If
            Else ' case rng has not text in it
            End If
        Next Rng '------------------------------------|

End Sub

ExplorerBefore DeviceManager Earlier and Marz17 2020.xlsm : https://app.box.com/s/gsgwwbqggel397ufnruegjyfst51p3g6
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!