Thread: Send Mail Using VBA In Excel And Attach Files

Send Mail Using VBA In Excel And Attach Files

Hi,

I have a little VBA problem here that I hope somebody can help me with.
    I have tried to find a solution by google it, but can´t find anything useful.
    Hope anybody can give me a solution to this problem. I attach a "dummy-file" so you can see what I want it to do.

What I want to do is the following:

The workbook have to sheets, one named "Main", and one named "Data".
    The "Main" sheet has one text box for a subject (in a mail) and one text box for the body (in a mail). I want those fields to be linked to the same fields in an ordinary outlook mail - as HTML format.
    The same sheet also has one button for "Create all mails" and one for "Preview one Mail" as actions. "Create all mail" should create all mails to the recipients in column B in the worksheet "Data" and automatically filter/group by the category in column A. The category in column A in the "Data"-sheet is always linked to the e-mail address in column 2. If the category for example is CARS, then the email address will always be xxxxx(a)xxxxx.com. If it should be ANIMALS, then it always is uuuuuu(a)uuuuuu.com.

So, when the "Create ALL emails"-button will be clicked I also want the program/script to filter all the categories that has the same e-mail address and automatically make a .csv or .xlsx file, generate a new mail to be attached to the email that the category has. Further, I also want the script to generate a mail, with the attachment to the Drafts catalog in Outlook with the subject and the body from the sheet "Main". All rows in "Data"-sheet have to be found in the file that will be generated.

I have seen a macro/vba code for something like this once, so I know its possible - but I don't know how to program it.

I have intermediate programskills in VBA/Excel so I'm not a novice - just as information :-)

I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me with the code on this one.

Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi macenmin,

Welcome to ExcelFox

What you've asked for is doable. However, it is more of a project requirement that a query for a solution and/or to solve a specific problem. There is fair amount of information on this site regarding sending emails via outlook using VBA. A little search will give you results. If you give a shot at putting a few code together, I'm sure you'll find enough info. Developers on this forum, or any similar forum will be more interested in helping if it is more of a solution required than an entire project. Having said that, there is a hire help section in this forum if you are willing to make some payment for this project.
    A dream is not something you see when you are asleep, but something you strive for when you are awake.

It's usually a bad idea to say that something can't be done.

The difference between dream and aim, is that one requires soundless sleep to see and the other requires sleepless efforts to achieve

Join us at Facebook