Thread: #Value Error in Working File

#Value Error in Working File

I HAVE ERRORNEOUSLY POSTED MY QUERY IN WRONG SECTION. I DONT KNOW HOW TO DELETE THE THREAD THAT'S WHY I AM EDITITING THE THREAD BY THIS MESSAGE. I AM RE POSTING THIS THREAD IN EXCEL HELP SECTION.

I am using Excel 2007. I used to Export Excel Data file from SAP and then save these files on my Computer. Usually I use formulas like VLOOKUP, SUMIFS or SUMIF. All these formulas link with other Excel workbook. Before closing the file I save both the files i.e. Excel workbook exported from SAP and the source file. When I open the file which is exported from the software, in all the row where I used the formula which is linked from other workbook, there appears #Value Error. Then I have to open the source file then all these #VALUE EORROR converted into formulas.

I means whenever I have to see my working, I have to open both the workbook. The file exported from SAP and the source file from which table array of vlook up linked. Due to this problem, I can't send my file through email. In order to email my file, file I have to copy my working and then paste all these working as VALUE. If i dont to this, then my receipiant also find same error (#VALUE ERROR) in all rows.

Due to this error, every time I have to enter formula from beginning. Although I have found temporary solution for this. I use to copy the source sheet in my working file so there should be no #VALUE ERROR. But I dont wont to copy source sheet in my working file every time.

Kindly give me solution.
    Last edited by Suhail; 11-17-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Hi

I have just moved your post in the right forum.

As far as VALUE error, I think the SUMIF won't work if the source workbook is not opened. So you can do one thing to overcome this, not to update the links while opening the workbook. That way you can preserve the formula values.
    Cheers !

Excel Range to BBCode Table
    Use Social Networking Tools If You Like the Answers !

Message to Cross Posters

@ Home - Office 2010/2013/2016 on Win 10 (64 bit); @ Work - Office 2016 on Win 10 (64 bit)

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hi

I have just moved your post in the right forum.

As far as VALUE error, I think the SUMIF won't work if the source workbook is not opened. So you can do one thing to overcome this, not to update the links while opening the workbook. That way you can preserve the formula values.
    Thanks for moving my post in the right forum.

Actually Excel doesnt show any dialogue box for update the link. It just shows VALUE ERROR even when I close source file. This is only happen in the files which I export from accounting software. Otherwise both SUMIF and VLOOKUP work fine and I dont have to open the source file.

Let me tell you more clear about the file. When I export Excel File from software its extension is XLS (All Capital) format. I dont know whether capital letters effter file format or not. If I add any worksheet in the workbook and then close it, it shows a dialogue box that I will not save my more than one sheet and ask me to SAVE AS file in other format. Then I have to choose the other format. In order to view the results of any formula which is linked with other files, I have to open the source file too.

If there is any solution please let me know.

Thanks

Regards

Suhail