Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Appendix Thread. ( Codes for other Threads, ( Avinash ).)

Fuhrer, Vierte Reich DocAElstein's Avatar

http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post12897
    Test blog

Loop backwards when deleting rows

Important notes in support of this post: http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post12897

When deleting rows, ( and when deleting things generally ) , in a Loop, we will usually need to loop backwards.
    If we loop backwards, things “behind us” were already considered, and so no strange effects will be noticed if they are effected by further deletions:
    If we Loop forwards , rows will shift up after a delete, and so when moving on a row we may miss a row that is needed to be deleted, or other strange effects may occur:
    Due to the deletion, things “ahead of us” , which we have not yet considered, may change in some way. The row number or item number, etc., of something not yet considered may change: This can cause VBA to get confused. We may get the wrong results, or worse, cause some coding error:
    At the start of a loop, the parameters such as start, stop, and increment are set. Changing these after the loop begins may cause problems. It is generally bad practice to change loop parameters after the loop begins and before the loop ends, especially if those parameters are to be further used before the loop ends.

For example, in the case of deleting things in a looping process, this may sometimes give us problems:

__For Cnt = 1 To 4 Step 1 ' __ 1 2 3 4

Usually, this alternative, would overcome problems:

__For Cnt = 4 To 1 Step -1 ' __ 4 3 2 1

Example

We want to delete rows based on value in column C, in the range A1:C4: If the value is Delete this row , then the entire row should be deleted

Before:-

_____ Workbook: Delete Rows.xls ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col A B C D E F G
    1 11 a Do not delete
    2 12 B Delete this row
    3 13 c Delete this row
    4 14 D Do not delete
    6 Original Range:-
    7 11 a Do not delete
    8 12 B Delete this row
    9 13 c Delete this row
    10 14 D Do not delete
    Worksheet: MySheet

So in the above example, we want to delete rows 2 and 3.

We could try this macro, but it gives the wrong results. At first glance we would expect it to work.
    It loops through the rows, and deletes the row if the value in column C is Delete this row. One could be forgiven for thinking that it should work.

Code:
    Option Explicit
    Sub LoopForwardsToDeleteRows()
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim Wb As Workbook, Ws As Worksheet
     Set Wb = ThisWorkbook: Set Ws = Wb.Worksheets.Item(1)

Rem 2 Loop to delete rows
    Dim Rws As Long
        For Rws = 1 To 4 '   1 2 3 4
            If Ws.Range("C" & Rws & "").Value = "Delete this row" Then
             Ws.Range("C" & Rws & "").EntireRow.Delete Shift:=xlUp ' Delete entire row, and  Shift  all rows above up to fill space
            Else
            ' Do nothing
            End If
        Next Rws
    End Sub
    After running the above macro we have

Row\Col A B C D E F G
    1 11 a Do not delete
    2 13 c Delete this row
    3 14 D Do not delete
    5 Original Range:-
    6 11 a Do not delete
    7 12 B Delete this row
    8 13 c Delete this row
    9 14 D Do not delete

This is what goes on:
    Nothing is done to the first row. No problems
    The second row is deleted as expected, because cell C2 value was Delete this row
    After the second row is deleted, the rows which were after the second row, are all shifted one row up so as to fill the space or “hole” left by the removed row. ( We cannot have a “black hole” in an Excel worksheet:. Excel does not allow this. – The spreadsheet cells are moved so as to “fill” the hole made by the deletion. “New” cells are added as necessary at the worksheet perimeter – In this case a new virgin row is added at the bottom of the worksheet )
    The result of the second row being deleted, and the necessary shifting of cells to fill the “hole” which is done, is as follows:
    Our original 4th row now becomes the 3rd row. That does not cause any problems.
    Our original 3rd row now becomes the 2nd row. This is the problem. The second row has already been considered. It will not be considered again. The original 3rd row, ( now, as a result of the first deletion and cell shifting, the second row ) will not be considered. So it remains. It is not considered. It will therefore not be deleted.
    When looping forward and deleting, rows not yet considered will be moved: This may cause problems.

The solution to the problem is to loop backwards. When looping backwards, if a row is deleted, then all rows “behind”/ “above” are shifted down. All those rows have already been considered, and either left as they are or deleted.
    The next row to be considered, when looping backwards in a worksheet, will always be the next, not yet considered, row, regardless of whether the last row considered was deleted or not: None of the rows not yet considered have been shifted.
    When looping backwards and deleting, rows not yet considered will not have been moved

So we try again

Before, ( as in previous example )

Row\Col A B C D E F G
    1 11 a Do not delete
    2 12 B Delete this row
    3 13 c Delete this row
    4 14 D Do not delete
    6 Original Range:-
    7 11 a Do not delete
    8 12 B Delete this row
    9 13 c Delete this row
    10 14 D Do not delete

Macro: ( looping backwards )

Code:
    Sub LoopBackwardsToDeleteRows()
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim Wb As Workbook, Ws As Worksheet
     Set Wb = ThisWorkbook: Set Ws = Wb.Worksheets.Item(1)

Rem 2 Loop to delete rows
    Dim Rws As Long
        For Rws = 4 To 1 Step -1  '   4 3 2 1
            If Ws.Range("C" & Rws & "").Value = "Delete this row" Then
             Ws.Range("C" & Rws & "").EntireRow.Delete Shift:=xlUp ' Delete entire row, and  Shift  all rows above up to fill space
            Else
            ' Do nothing
            End If
        Next Rws
    End Sub
    After:

Row\Col A B C D E F G
    1 11 a Do not delete
    2 14 D Do not delete
    4 Original Range:-
    5 11 a Do not delete
    6 12 B Delete this row
    7 13 c Delete this row
    8 14 D Do not delete

This time we have the correct results: Looping backwards gives correct results. Looping fowards may give incorrect results.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    If you are my enemy, we will try to kick the fucking shit out of you…..
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of this Thread
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...the-entire-row

Before

_____ Workbook: sample1.xlsx ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    Exchange Symbol Series/Expiry Open High Low Prev Close LTP
    NSE ACC EQ
    NSE ADANIPORTS EQ
    Worksheet: Tabelle1

_____ Workbook: sample2.xlsx ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    NSE ACC EQ
    NSE ADANIPORTS EQ
    Worksheet: Tabelle2

If column H of sample2.xlsx matches with Column D then look column B data of sample2.xlsx and find that data in sample1.xlsx in column B and after getting that data in sample1.xlsx in column B , copy that entire row of sample1.xlsx and paste that in sample2.xlsx in the same row

Result:

_____ Workbook: 2.xlsx ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    NSE ACC EQ
    NSE ADANIPORTS EQ
    Worksheet: Tabelle2
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of this Post:
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post13014

Before:

_____ Workbook: sample1.xlsx ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    NSE ACC EQ
    NSE ADANIENT EQ
    NSE ADANIPORTS EQ
    NSE ADANIPOWER EQ 5, 4 5, 5 5, 6 5, 7 5, 8
    NSE AMARAJABAT EQ
    NSE AMBUJACEM EQ 7, 4 7, 5 7, 6 7, 7 7, 8
    NSE APOLLOHOSP EQ 8, 4 8, 5 8, 6 8, 7 8, 8
    Worksheet: anything

Row\Col
    A
    SYMBOL
    ACC
    ADANIPORTS
    AMARAJABAT

run macro:

Code:
    '  http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2421-copy-and-paste/page2#post13014  http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2421-copy-and-paste?p=13014&viewfull=1#post13014
    '  http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2445-copy-and-paste-by-vba           http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2421-copy-and-paste?p=13014&viewfull=1#post13014
    Sub STEP6d() ' match column B of sample1.xlsx matches with column A of sample2.xlsx
    '              if it matches then copy paste the data from column D to column H to sample2.xlsx from column B
    Dim Wb1 As Workbook, Wb2 As Workbook                    '           If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb1 = Workbooks("sample1.xlsx")   '                       Set Wb1 = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\1.xls")                ' w1 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\1.xls")           ' change the file path   If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb2 = Workbooks("sample2.xlsx")   '                       Set Wb2 = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\FundsCheck.xlsb")      ' w2 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\FundsCheck.xlsb") ' change the file path      If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
    Dim Ws1 As Worksheet, Ws2 As Worksheet
     Set Ws1 = Wb1.Worksheets("anything")  '     sheet name can be anything
     'Set Ws1 = Wb1.Worksheets.Item(1)
     Set Ws2 = Wb2.Worksheets("anything")
     'Set Ws2 = Wb2.Worksheets.Item(1)
    Dim Lr1 As Long, Lr2 As Long  '   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2345-Appendix-Thread-(-Codes-for-other-Threads-HTML-Tables-etc-)?p=11466&viewfull=1#post11466      Making Lr dynamic ( using rng.End(XlUp) for a single column. )
     Let Lr1 = Ws1.Range("B" & Ws1.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
     Let Lr2 = Ws2.Range("A" & Ws2.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Dim Cnt As Long
        For Cnt = 2 To Lr2
        Dim FndCel As Range  '  http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2436-conditionally-delete-or-replace-entire-row?p=13007&viewfull=1#post13007
        Dim rngSrch As Range '
         Set rngSrch = Ws1.Range("B2:B" & Lr1 & "")
         Set FndCel = rngSrch.Find(What:=Ws2.Range("A" & Cnt & "").Value, After:=Ws1.Range("B2"), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlPart, searchorder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False) '   https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49094391/excel-vba-range-findnext-v-range-find-what-have-i-missed/49181464#49181464
        ' The range to be copied is always offset by 0 rows  and +2 column from the cell found, FndCel,  in column B of sample1.xlsx . Its size will be 1 row and 5 columns
         FndCel.Offset(0, 2).Resize(1, 5).Copy '     copy column D to column H
        ' paste the data from column D to column H to sample2.xlsx from column B
         Ws2.Range("A" & Cnt & "").Offset(0, 1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAllUsingSourceTheme
        Next Cnt
    End Sub

After Result:-

Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    SYMBOL
    ACC
    ADANIPORTS
    AMARAJABAT
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

Macro for this Post
    ' http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post13058 http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...3058#post13058

Code:
    '   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2421-copy-and-paste-by-VBA-based-on-criteria?p=13058&viewfull=1#post13058     http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2454-copy-and-paste-by-vba?p=13058#post13058
    Sub Step10()
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim Wb1 As Workbook, Wb2 As Workbook   '                           If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb1 = Workbooks("1.xlsx")         '          Workbooks("sample1.xlsx")   '                                                 Set Wb1 = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\1.xls")                ' w1 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\1.xls")           ' change the file path   If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Wb2 = Workbooks("2.xlsx")         '          Workbooks("sample2.xlsx")   '                                                 Set Wb2 = Workbooks.Open(ThisWorkbook.Path & "\FundsCheck.xlsb")      ' w2 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\FundsCheck.xlsb") ' change the file path      If the workbook is already open , then we can refer to it using the workbooks collection object of open workbooks,  Workbooks(" ")
     Set Ws1 = Wb1.Worksheets.Item(1)      '                                                                            Set Ws1 = Wb1.Worksheets("anything")  '     sheet name can be anything
     Set Ws2 = Wb2.Worksheets.Item(1)      '                                                                          ' Set Ws2 = Wb2.Worksheets("anything")
    Dim Lr1 As Long, Lc1 As Long
     Let Lr1 = Ws1.Range("A" & Ws1.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row      '   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2345-Appendix-Thread-(-Codes-for-other-Threads-HTML-Tables-etc-)?p=11466&viewfull=1#post11466      Making Lr dynamic ( using rng.End(XlUp) for a single column. )
     Let Lc1 = Ws1.Cells.Item(2, Ws1.Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
    Rem 2 Data ranges
    Dim arrOut() As String
     ReDim arrOut(1 To Lr1 - 1, 1 To 2) ' A 2 column array of as many rows as data in 1.xlsx  We may not need all the rows
    Dim rngIn As Range
     Set rngIn = Ws1.Range(Ws1.Range("A1"), Ws1.Cells.Item(Lr1, Lc1))
    Rem 3 Go through rows and columns  in input data range
    Dim Rws As Long
        For Rws = 2 To Lr1 ' Go through rows in input data range
        Dim rngInRws As Range
         Set rngInRws = rngIn.Rows.Item(Rws) ' consider a row in the data range
        Dim Clms As Long ' go through columns in each row
            For Clms = 2 To Lc1 ' considering each column in the row under consideration
                If rngInRws.Cells.Item(Clms).Interior.Color = 65535 And rngInRws.Cells.Item(Clms).Value >= 5 Then ' ...if yellow highlighted colour data is greater than 5 or equal to 5 then
                Dim RwOut As Long ' a row in output array
                 Let RwOut = RwOut + 1 ' a next new row in output array
                 Let arrOut(RwOut, 1) = rngInRws.Cells.Item(1)              ' The value in the first cell in the row under consideration is put in first column in output array
                 Let arrOut(RwOut, 2) = rngInRws.Cells.Item(Clms).Value     ' The value in the highlighted cell in the row under consideration is put in the second column of the output array
                Else
                ' Do nothing
                End If
            Next Clms
        Next Rws
    Rem 4 Output result
     Let Ws2.Range("A1:B" & Lr1 - 1 & "").Value = arrOut() ' A range of the dimensions of the output array has its values assigned to the values in the output arry
    End Sub

Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of this question
    https://excelribbon.tips.net/T008884..._Into_One.html

The full syntax of what Allen Wyatt is using is like …….
    Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Item(2) ……..
    ….
    Item(2) will give us the cell just below the cell given by…….
    Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp) ………

Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp) is the same as Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Item(1) ………
    ……….
    It is not to easy to explain how the items are assigned for a range……
    See this demo
    In the following demo, I show the item numbers for cells in four arbritrary ranges, A9 , B2:C3 , E5:G5 and D10:D12
    As you will see, Item numbers are not restricted to just the range itself. The item numbers keep going. They go in a sequence of ... all columns in a row, ... then the next row ... etc....
    The column count is determined by the original range, but the rows are not limited.

Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    Item(1) Item(2)
    Item(3) Item(4)
    Item(5) Item(6)
    Item(7) Item(8) Item(1) Item(2) Item(3)
    Item(9) ….etc… Item(4) Item(5) Item(6)
    Item(7) Item(8) Item(9)
    Item(10) ….etc….
    Item(1)
    Item(2) Item(1)
    Item(3) Item(2)
    Item(4) Item(3)
    Item(5) Item(4)
    Item(6) Item(5)
    …..etc…. Item(6)
    Item(7)
    Item(8)
    Item(9)
    Item(10)
    ….etc…
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

test Evaluate range for this post
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ecimals-by-vba

We can find the position of the . using Instr function https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...instr-function

Then we can take the left of the number for a length equal to the position of the . + 3 using the Left function https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off.../left-function

Then we can remove the . using the Replace function , https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...place-function

or formulas...

_____ Workbook: 1.xls ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    K
    L
    M
    N
    1090.69 109069
    147.96 14796
    264.47 26447
    30.24 3024
    Worksheet: 1-Sheet1
    Row\Col
    K
    L
    M
    N
    =FIND(".",K2)
    =LEFT(K2,L8+2) =SUBSTITUTE(M8,".","")
    =FIND(".",K3)
    =LEFT(K3,L9+2) =SUBSTITUTE(M9,".","")
    =FIND(".",K4)
    =LEFT(K4,L10+2) =SUBSTITUTE(M10,".","")
    =FIND(".",K5)
    =LEFT(K5,L11+2) =SUBSTITUTE(M11,".","")
    Row\Col
    L
    M
    N
    O
    =FIND(".",K2)
    =LEFT(K2,L8+2) =SUBSTITUTE(M8,".","") =SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(K2,FIND(".",K2)+2),".","")
    =FIND(".",K3)
    =LEFT(K3,L9+2) =SUBSTITUTE(M9,".","") =SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(K3,FIND(".",K3)+2),".","")
    =FIND(".",K4)
    =LEFT(K4,L10+2) =SUBSTITUTE(M10,".","") =SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(K4,FIND(".",K4)+2),".","")
    =FIND(".",K5)
    =LEFT(K5,L11+2) =SUBSTITUTE(M11,".","") =SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(K5,FIND(".",K5)+2),".","")

from Forulas, Evaluate Range
    Code:
    Sub EvaluateRangeTrimRemoveDot() '  http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2456-Remove-decimals-by-vba?p=13068#post13068
    Dim Ws1 As Worksheet
     Set Ws1 = Workbooks("1.xls").Worksheets.Item(1) ' First worksheet in open workbooks 1.xls
     Dim LrK As Long: Let LrK = Ws1.Range("K" & Ws1.Rows.Count & "").End(xlUp).Row
    Dim RngK As Range: Set RngK = Ws1.Range("K2:K" & LrK & "")
     Let RngK.Value = Evaluate("=if({1},SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(" & RngK.Address & ",FIND("".""," & RngK.Address & ")+2),""."",""""))")
    End Sub
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

in support of this forum post
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post13088

Explanation 1
    In column K are numbers given to a maximum of 2 decimal places, for example
    Column K

The value in Column K must be adjusted so that it has the decimal format to 2 decimal places in steps of .05
    So in this form, of like
    …… 23.95 234 34.25 4.30 100.35 45.45 56.05 ……… etc….

So for example, in the above Column K test data, no adjustment is needed for 147.95 or 30
    For 1090.69 and 264.47 some adjustment is needed. The adjustment could be to raise or lower the value. These are the possibilities:
    change 1090.69 to 1090.65 or 1090.7
    change 264.47 to 264.45 or 264.50

Which of the two adjustments is necessary will depend on the following:
    If column H is greater than column D , then we adjust up .
    If column H is lower than column D, then we adjust down .

Explanation 2
    For all data rows, we compare column H to column D. If column H is greater than column D , then we adjust the value in column K up to the nearest multiple of .05. If column H is less than column D , then we adjust the value in column K down to the nearest multiple of .05. ( If the value in column K is an exact multiple of .05, then no action is to be taken )

For example
    Before:
    Row\Col
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K

After:
    Row\Col
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    This nuber is adjusted down
    This number is not changed
    This number is adjusted up
    This number is not changed

Solution ( guess )

The previous formula solution already always adjust number down,

Row\Col
    D
    H
    K
    L
    M
    N
    O
    P

Row\Col
    D
    H
    K
    L
    M
    N
    O
    P
    =K2*100/5
    =INT(L2)
    =M2*5/100
    =INT(L2)*5/100
    =INT(K2*100/5)*5/100
    =K3*100/5
    =INT(L3)
    =M3*5/100
    =INT(L3)*5/100
    =INT(K3*100/5)*5/100
    =K4*100/5
    =INT(L4)
    =M4*5/100
    =INT(L4)*5/100
    =INT(K4*100/5)*5/100
    =K5*100/5
    =INT(L5)
    =M5*5/100
    =INT(L5)*5/100
    =INT(K5*100/5)*5/100

So previous solution is correct if H < D
    If H > D , the previous solution is .05 too small , so previous solution must be adjusted by +.05
    =IF(H2<D2,INT(K2*100/5)*5/100,IF(H2>D2,(INT(K2*100/5)*5/100)+0.05,"H is equal to D"))
    =IF(H3<D3,INT(K3*100/5)*5/100,IF(H3>D3,(INT(K3*100/5)*5/100)+0.05,"H is equal to D"))
    =IF(H4<D4,INT(K4*100/5)*5/100,IF(H4>D4,(INT(K4*100/5)*5/100)+0.05,"H is equal to D"))
    =IF(H5<D5,INT(K5*100/5)*5/100,IF(H5>D5,(INT(K5*100/5)*5/100)+0.05,"H is equal to D"))

But we must also check if number is already exact multiple of .05
    Like if ( integer (value/.05)) – value/.05) = 0
    ( Excel has errors and bugs, and may give a very small number when it should give us 0, so we must do a trick-
    if Round ( ( integer (value/.05)) – value/.05) ) = 0 )
    So:
    =IF(ROUND(INT(K2/0.05)-(K2/0.05),2)=0,K2,IF(H2<D2,INT(K2*100/5)*5/100,IF(H2>D2,(INT(K2*100/5)*5/100)+0.05,"H is equal to D")))
    =IF(ROUND(INT(K3/0.05)-(K3/0.05),2)=0,K3,IF(H3<D3,INT(K3*100/5)*5/100,IF(H3>D3,(INT(K3*100/5)*5/100)+0.05,"H is equal to D")))
    =IF(ROUND(INT(K4/0.05)-(K4/0.05),2)=0,K4,IF(H4<D4,INT(K4*100/5)*5/100,IF(H4>D4,(INT(K4*100/5)*5/100)+0.05,"H is equal to D")))
    =IF(ROUND(INT(K5/0.05)-(K5/0.05),2)=0,K5,IF(H5<D5,INT(K5*100/5)*5/100,IF(H5>D5,(INT(K5*100/5)*5/100)+0.05,"H is equal to D")))

Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

VBA Solution to above, and answer to this Post
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post13102

VBA answer

Put columns in arrays
    Row\Col
    D
    Open

arrD() =

Row\Col
    H
    LTP

arrH() =

Row\Col
    K

arrK() ( initial ) =

The macro below manipulates the contents of arrK() as per the question requirement, then pastes the modified array over the initial values

Code:
    Sub ChangeSecondNumberAfterDecimalConditionally() ' http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2457-change-the-second-number-after-decimal-conditionally
    Rem 1 Worksheets info
    Dim Wb1 As Workbook
     Set Wb1 = Workbooks("SAMPLE1 18Apr2020.xlsx")  '  Workbooks("1.xls")        ' CHANGE TO SUIT
    Dim Ws1 As Worksheet
     Set Ws1 = Wb1.Worksheets.Item(1)
    Dim Lrow As Long
     Let Lrow = Ws1.Range("A" & Ws1.Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row      '   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2345-Appendix-Thread-(-Codes-for-other-Threads-HTML-Tables-etc-)?p=11466&viewfull=1#post11466      Making Lr dynamic ( using rng.End(XlUp) for a single column. )
    Rem 2 ranges of interest, D H and K , are placed in 1 column arrays, rows from 2 to Lrow
     Dim arrD() As Variant, arrH() As Variant, ArrK() As Variant  '  The  .Value  property used below returns its values in a field of variant type elements, so to avoiud a type mismatch we must  Dim  here appropriately
     Let arrD() = Ws1.Range("D2:D" & Lrow & "").Value: Let arrH() = Ws1.Range("H2:H" & Lrow & "").Value: Let ArrK() = Ws1.Range("K2:K" & Lrow & "").Value
    Rem 3 Manipulate  arrK()  as per requiremnt   For all data rows, we compare column H to column D. If column H is greater than column D , then we adjust the value in column K up to the nearest multiple of .05. If column H is less than column D , then we adjust the value in column K down to the nearest multiple of .05. ( If the value in column K is an exact multiple of .05, then no action is to be taken )   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2457-change-the-second-number-after-decimal-conditionally?p=13099&viewfull=1#post13099
    Dim Cnt
        For Cnt = 1 To Lrow - 1 ' range is row 2 to Lrow-1, array will be 1 to Lrow-1
            If Int(Round((ArrK(Cnt, 1) / 0.05), 2)) - Round((ArrK(Cnt, 1) / 0.05), 2) = 0 Then
            ' do nothing because we have exact mulktiple of .05
            Else ' case K is not an exact multiple of .05
                If arrH(Cnt, 1) < arrD(Cnt, 1) Then
                 Let ArrK(Cnt, 1) = Int(ArrK(Cnt, 1) * 100 / 5) * 5 / 100 '    =INT(K2*100/5)*5/100     =K2*100/5    =INT(L2)   =M2*5/100   =INT(L2)*5/100   =INT(K2*100/5)*5/100   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2457-change-the-second-number-after-decimal-conditionally?p=13100&viewfull=1#post13100
                ElseIf arrH(Cnt, 1) > arrD(Cnt, 1) Then
                 Let ArrK(Cnt, 1) = (Int(ArrK(Cnt, 1) * 100 / 5) * 5 / 100) + 0.05
                Else ' case H = D
                 Let ArrK(Cnt, 1) = "H is equal to D"
                End If
            End If
        Next Cnt
    Rem 4 Paste out modified array over original values
     Let Ws1.Range("K2:K" & Lrow & "").Value = ArrK()
    End Sub
    After running that macro the arrK() contents change to

And that is then pasted out into the range
    Row\Col
    K
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

In support of this Thread
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...d-paste-by-vba

1.xls
    Code:
    A		B			C		D	E	F	G	H	I	J	K	L

Exchange		Symbol			Series/Expiry		Open	High	Low 	Prev Close	LTP				
    NSE		ACC			EQ		1182	1193	1151.7	1156.6	1156.6	22	11.566	116815	1168.166
    NSE		ADANIENT			EQ		137.15	140.55	134.1	134.65	134.65	25	1.3465	13595	135.9965
    NSE		ADANIPORTS			EQ		273.95	276.95	269.55	270.65	270.65	15083	2.7065	27335	273.3565
    NSE		ADANIPOWER			EQ		32.3	32.35	30.45	30.65	30.65	17388	0.3065	3095	30.9565
    NSE		AMARAJABAT			EQ		555	555	529.25	532.1	532.1	100	5.321	5374	537.421
    NSE		ASIANPAINT			EQ		1815.05	1842.8	1814	1827.55	1827.55	236	18.2755	18093	1809.2745
    NSE		AMBUJACEM			EQ		169.9	171.6	166.2	167.95	167.95	1270	1.6795	1696	169.6295
    NSE		APOLLOHOSP			EQ		1360	1377.5	1341.1	1359.5	1359.5	157	13.595	137305	1373.095
    NSE		APOLLOPIPE			EQ		277.55	284	277.4	280.15	280.15	14361	2.8015	27735	277.3485
    NSE		ASHOKLEY			EQ		46	46.3	44.6	44.95	44.95	212	0.4495	4535	45.3995
    NSE		AUROPHARMA			EQ		629.05	654.5	618.5	624.45	624.45	275	6.2445	63065	630.6945
    NSE		AXISBANK			EQ		416	419.65	401.25	403.95	403.95	5900	4.0395	40795	407.9895
    NSE		BAJAJ-AUTO			EQ		2410	2472	2381	2445.35	2445.35	16669	24.4535	24209	2420.8965
    NSE		BAJAJFINSV			EQ		4675	4675	4365	4389.8	4389.8	16675	43.898	443365	4433.698
    NSE		BAJFINANCE			EQ		2113.5	2113.5	1970.05	1976.25	1976.25	317	19.7625	199601.25	1996.0125
    NSE		BALKRISIND			EQ		879	887.5	856.7	867.75	867.75	335	8.6775	8764	876.4275
    NSE		BANKBARODA			EQ		47.65	48	46.1	46.35	46.35	4668	0.4635	468	46.8135
    NSE		BATAINDIA			EQ		1258	1313	1230	1239.55	1239.55	371	12.3955	12519	1251.9455
    NSE		BEL			EQ		75.1	77.7	73.35	74.55	74.55	383	0.7455	7525	75.2955
    NSE		BERGEPAINT			EQ		521	535	515	519.7	519.7	404	5.197	52485	524.897
    NSE		BHARATFORG			EQ		251.1	265	251.1	263.25	263.25	422	2.6325	26065	260.6175
    NSE		BHARTIARTL			EQ		494.9	499	484.45	494.25	494.25	10604	4.9425	49915	499.1925
    NSE		BHEL			EQ		21.1	21.4	20.6	20.65	20.65	438	0.2065	2085	20.8565
    NSE		BIOCON			EQ		346	360	339	357.4	357.4	11373	3.574	35385	353.826
    NSE		BOSCHLTD			EQ		10470	10500	10100	10212.45	10212.45	2181	102.1245	1031455	10314.5745
    NSE		BPCL			EQ		352	356.65	347	350.45	350.45	526	3.5045	35395	353.9545
    NSE		BRITANNIA			EQ		2980	3122.9	2956	3062.15	3062.15	547	30.6215	303155	3031.5285
    NSE		CADILAHC			EQ		333.25	344	330.9	336.95	336.95	7929	3.3695	3336	333.5805
    NSE		CANBK			EQ		82.55	84.7	81.05	81.35	81.35	10794	0.8135	8215	82.1635
    NSE		CASTROLIND			EQ		124.15	127	119.3	120.7	120.7	1250	1.207	1219	121.907
    NSE		CENTURYTEX			EQ		289.2	298.5	282	284.05	284.05	625	2.8405	28685	286.8905
    NSE		CESC			EQ		603	609.5	590.95	596.75	596.75	628	5.9675	6027	602.7175
    NSE		CHOLAFIN			EQ		145	145.8	132.05	132.9	132.9	685	1.329	1342	134.229
    NSE		CIPLA			EQ		586.4	606	583.6	599.3	599.3	694	5.993	59335	593.307
    NSE		COALINDIA			EQ		140.6	143.8	135.8	137	137	20374	1.37	13835	138.37
    NSE		COLPAL			EQ		1470	1497.95	1463.6	1483.65	1483.65	15141	14.8365	146885	1468.8135
    NSE		CONCOR			EQ		368	376.6	359.5	361.1	361.1	4749	3.611	3647	364.711
    NSE		CUMMINSIND			EQ		420.95	426.55	377.25	384.95	384.95	1901	3.8495	38875	388.7995
    NSE		DABUR			EQ		499	503.75	494.5	499.05	499.05	772	4.9905	4941	494.0595
    NSE		DISHTV			EQ		5.1	5.15	4.75	4.75	4.75		0.0475	475	4.7975
    NSE		DIVISLAB			EQ		2410	2460	2390.6	2425.4	2425.4	10940	24.254	240115	2401.146
    NSE		DLF			EQ		135	135	127.6	128.2	128.2	14732	1.282	12945	129.482
    NSE		DRREDDY			EQ		4010	4049.6	3970.1	4002.8	4002.8	881	40.028	40428	4042.828
    NSE		EICHERMOT			EQ		14068	14091	13505.1	13589.2	13589.2	910	135.892	1372505	13725.092
    NSE		EQUITAS			EQ		53.85	56.4	50.65	51.05	51.05	16852	0.5105	5155	51.5605
    NSE		ESCORTS			EQ		744	758.7	712.2	717	717	958	7.17	72415	724.17
    NSE		EXIDEIND			EQ		146.3	151.8	145.15	148.45	148.45	676	1.4845	14696.55	146.9655
    NSE		FEDERALBNK			EQ		44	44.2	42.9	43.1	43.1	1023	0.431	435	43.531
    NSE		GAIL			EQ		82.95	84.25	79	81.5	81.5	4717	0.815	823	82.315
    NSE		GLENMARK			EQ		342.7	360.95	342	344.85	344.85	7406	3.4485	34145	341.4015
    NSE		GMRINFRA			EQ		17.5	17.5	17	17.15	17.15	13528	0.1715	173	17.3215
    NSE		GODREJCP			EQ		536.95	547.1	530.05	534.4	534.4	10099	5.344	5397	539.744
    NSE		GRASIM			EQ		492	501.9	484.75	499.05	499.05	1232	4.9905	4941	494.0595
    NSE		HAVELLS			EQ		524	537	517.1	525.6	525.6	9819	5.256	52035	520.344
    NSE		HCLTECH			EQ		480	496.9	465.15	468.1	468.1	7229	4.681	47275	472.781
    NSE		HDFC			EQ		1603	1624.95	1569.1	1580.3	1580.3	1330	15.803	15961	1596.103
    NSE		HDFCBANK			EQ		933	958.4	926	938.05	938.05	1333	9.3805	9287	928.6695
    NSE		HEROMOTOCO			EQ		1842.5	1939.4	1840	1894.8	1894.8	1348	18.948	18759	1875.852
    NSE		HINDALCO			EQ		109.95	109.95	102.85	103.65	103.65	1363	1.0365	10465	104.6865
    NSE		HINDPETRO			EQ		208.75	208.75	200	201.4	201.4	1406	2.014	2034	203.414
    NSE		HINDUNILVR			EQ		2311	2338	2280	2283.1	2283.1	1394	22.831	23059	2305.931
    NSE		IBULHSGFIN			EQ		114	118.4	111	112.95	112.95	30125	1.1295	11405	114.0795
    NSE		ICICIBANK			EQ		337.9	343.25	331.5	334.85	334.85	4963	3.3485	33815	338.1985
    NSE		ICICIPRULI			EQ		348	356.8	329.4	336.55	336.55	18652	3.3655	3399	339.9155
    NSE		IDEA			EQ		4.25	4.25	3.95	4	4	14366	0.04	404	4.04
    NSE		IDFCFIRSTB			EQ		23.35	23.4	22.1	22.2	22.2	11184	0.222	224	22.422
    NSE		IGL			EQ		446	455.7	430	437.25	437.25	11262	4.3725	4416	441.6225
    NSE		INDIGO			EQ		930	938.55	878.75	891.75	891.75	11195	8.9175	90065	900.6675
    NSE		INDUSINDBK			EQ		392.25	399.9	380	382.9	382.9	5258	3.829	3867	386.729
    NSE		INFRATEL			EQ		169	172.9	149.5	152	152	29135	1.52	1535	153.52
    NSE		INFY			EQ		668.55	675	654.8	658	658	1594	6.58	66455	664.58
    NSE		IOC			EQ		82.25	84.4	81.1	81.5	81.5	1624	0.815	823	82.315
    NSE		ITC			EQ		181	182.8	179.3	180.05	180.05	1660	1.8005	18185	181.8505
    NSE		JINDALSTEL			EQ		85	87	78.25	79.15	79.15	6733	0.7915	799	79.9415
    NSE		JSWSTEEL			EQ		157.5	159.5	152.6	153.25	153.25	11723	1.5325	15475	154.7825
    NSE		JUBLFOOD			EQ		1484	1494.7	1444.45	1478.7	1478.7	18096	14.787	149345	1493.487
    NSE		JUSTDIAL			EQ		343	349.85	327	329.8	329.8	29962	3.298	33305	333.098
    NSE		KOTAKBANK			EQ		1219	1258	1213.35	1239.55	1239.55	1922	12.3955	12272	1227.1545
    NSE		L&TFH			EQ		58.5	60.2	58.05	58.95	58.95	24948	0.5895	584	58.3605
    NSE		LICHSGFIN			EQ		280	281	259.15	260.65	260.65	1997	2.6065	26325	263.2565
    NSE		LT			EQ		838	869	834.15	851.2	851.2	11483	8.512	8427	842.688
    NSE		LUPIN			EQ		824.7	891	820.7	877.35	877.35	10440	8.7735	8686	868.5765
    NSE		M&M			EQ		342	344.75	332	334.3	334.3	2031	3.343	3376	337.643
    NSE		M&MFIN			EQ		150	150	138.2	140.45	140.45	13285	1.4045	14185	141.8545
    NSE		MANAPPURAM			EQ		106	108.1	104.05	107.1	107.1	19061	1.071	10605	106.029
    NSE		MARICO			EQ		300.9	309.55	300	306.1	306.1	4067	3.061	30305	303.039
    NSE		MARUTI			EQ		5100	5140	5030	5045.65	5045.65	10999	50.4565	50961	5096.1065
    NSE		MCDOWELL-N			EQ		524.9	527.9	516.7	519.5	519.5	10447	5.195	52465	524.695
    NSE		MFSL			EQ		415	432.75	400.55	420.15	420.15	2142	4.2015	41595	415.9485
    NSE		MGL			EQ		912	936.95	890	913.05	913.05	17534	9.1305	90395	903.9195
    NSE		MINDTREE			EQ		770.75	785	755	780.35	780.35	14356	7.8035	77255	772.5465
    NSE		MOTHERSUMI			EQ		72.4	74.25	71.35	72	72	4204	0.72	727	72.72
    NSE		MRF			EQ		58225	59200	58000	58805.4	58805.4	2277	588.054	5821735	58217.346
    NSE		MUTHOOTFIN			EQ		809.4	834	798.05	813.95	813.95	23650	8.1395	80585	805.8105
    NSE		NATIONALUM			EQ		33.75	34.9	30.55	31.5	31.5	6364	0.315	318	31.815
    NSE		NBCC			EQ		20.5	20.6	18.9	19.25	19.25	31415	0.1925	194	19.4425
    NSE		NCC			EQ		25.45	25.8	24.4	24.6	24.6	2319	0.246	248	24.846
    NSE		NESTLEIND			EQ		17300	17800	17300	17406.05	17406.05	17963	174.0605	1723198.95	17231.9895
    NSE		NIITTECH			EQ		1181	1199	1085.25	1116.1	1116.1	11543	11.161	112725	1127.261
    NSE		NMDC			EQ		76.7	77.9	73.4	73.8	73.8	15332	0.738	745	74.538
    NSE		NTPC			EQ		94.75	96.35	91.95	93.4	93.4	11630	0.934	943	94.334
    NSE		OIL			EQ		86	88.6	83.5	83.85	83.85	17438	0.8385	8465	84.6885
    NSE		ONGC			EQ		67.15	69.5	66.6	67.6	67.6	2475	0.676	6695	66.924
    NSE		PAGEIND			EQ		17550	17970	17460	17854.35	17854.35	14413	178.5435	1767585	17675.8065
    NSE		PEL			EQ		815	877.45	808.1	864.45	864.45	2412	8.6445	85585	855.8055
    NSE		PETRONET			EQ		220	222.95	215.75	218.5	218.5	11351	2.185	22065	220.685
    NSE		PFC			EQ		90.7	94.35	89.6	91.05	91.05	14299	0.9105	9015	90.1395
    NSE		PIDILITIND			EQ		1532.1	1576.8	1500.15	1505.2	1505.2	2664	15.052	152025	1520.252
    NSE		PNB			EQ		30.7	31.1	30.15	30.2	30.2	10666	0.302	305	30.502
    NSE		POWERGRID			EQ		157	160.1	155.75	159.15	159.15	14977	1.5915	1576	157.5585
    NSE		PVR			EQ		973	989.4	950	954.6	954.6	13147	9.546	9641	964.146
    NSE		RAMCOCEM			EQ		569.5	584.4	534	538.05	538.05	2043	5.3805	5434	543.4305
    NSE		RBLBANK			EQ		104.5	110.7	101.7	107.15	107.15	18391	1.0715	1061	106.0785
    NSE		RECLTD			EQ		90.65	93.4	89.1	89.35	89.35	15355	0.8935	902	90.2435
    NSE		RELIANCE			EQ		1350.15	1494.95	1347.2	1417	1417	2885	14.17	140285	1402.83
    NSE		SAIL			EQ		26	27.35	25.8	26.9	26.9	2963	0.269	2665	26.631
    NSE		SBIN			EQ		184	184	179	179.75	179.75	3045	1.7975	1815	181.5475
    NSE		SHREECEM			EQ		18739	18927.3	18382.55	18587.45	18587.45	3103	185.8745	187733	18773.3245
    NSE		SIEMENS			EQ		1159	1203.7	1135	1145.9	1145.9	3150	11.459	115735	1157.359
    NSE		SRF			EQ		3602	3660.8	3470	3488.05	3488.05	3273	34.8805	35229	3522.9305
    NSE		SRTRANSFIN			EQ		610	699	579.25	668.2	668.2	4306	6.682	66155	661.518
    NSE		SUNPHARMA			EQ		476.95	497	473.55	485.55	485.55	3351	4.8555	4807	480.6945
    NSE		SUNTV			EQ		368.7	385.45	366.5	376.9	376.9	13404	3.769	37315	373.131
    NSE		TATACHEM			EQ		263.4	273	255.35	270.05	270.05	3405	2.7005	26735	267.3495
    NSE		TATAMOTORS			EQ		75	76.9	74	74.2	74.2	3456	0.742	749	74.942
    NSE		TATAMTRDVR			EQ		34.3	34.95	33.5	33.7	33.7	16965	0.337	3403.7	34.037
    NSE		TATAPOWER			EQ		32.6	32.6	30.8	31.05	31.05	3426	0.3105	3135	31.3605
    NSE		TATASTEEL			EQ		266.3	273.85	264.45	267.55	267.55	3499	2.6755	2649	264.8745
    NSE		TCS			EQ		1840.7	1851.95	1807.8	1818.55	1818.55	11536	18.1855	18367	1836.7355
    NSE		TECHM			EQ		522	532.6	502.1	503.45	503.45	13538	5.0345	50845	508.4845
    NSE		TITAN			EQ		910	926.9	893.1	906.05	906.05	3506	9.0605	9151	915.1105
    NSE		TORNTPHARM			EQ		2430	2488	2361.65	2430.5	2430.5	3518	24.305	24062	2406.195
    NSE		TORNTPOWER			EQ		297.5	307.9	296.65	303.8	303.8	13786	3.038	3008	300.762
    NSE		TVSMOTOR			EQ		298	302	289.05	297	297	8479	2.97	29995	299.97
    NSE		UBL			EQ		921	922.5	863.85	880.75	880.75	16713	8.8075	88955	889.5575
    NSE		UJJIVAN			EQ		170	173.5	161.6	164.1	164.1	17069	1.641	1657	165.741
    NSE		ULTRACEMCO			EQ		3410	3440	3292.8	3307.95	3307.95	11532	33.0795	334102.95	3341.0295
    NSE		UPL			EQ		345	347.6	334.2	335.85	335.85	11287	3.3585	3392	339.2085
    NSE		VEDL			EQ		76.8	80.25	75.7	77.95	77.95	3063	0.7795	772	77.1705
    NSE		VOLTAS			EQ		500	505	485	487.15	487.15	3718	4.8715	49202.15	492.0215
    NSE		WIPRO			EQ		179.95	180.8	177.15	177.75	177.75	3787	1.7775	1795	179.5275
    NSE		ZEEL			EQ		150.8	152.85	143	145.15	145.15	3812	1.4515	1466	146.6015
    Shortened
    http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post13126
    _____ Workbook: 1 26Apr.xls ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    NSE ACC EQ
    NSE ADANIENT EQ
    NSE ADANIPORTS EQ
    NSE ADANIPOWER EQ
    NSE AMARAJABAT EQ
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

From last post
    Before
    _____ Workbook: Alert.txt ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    NSE
    A
    NSE
    A
    NSE
    A
    NSE
    A
    NSE
    A
    NSE
    A
    Worksheet: Alert

check wheather column H of 1.xls is greater or lower than column D of 1.xls

if column H of 1.xls is greater than column D of 1.xls then match column I of 1.xls with column B of 2.csv & if it matches then put this symbol "<" in column D of 2.csv & copy paste the data of column K of 1.xls in column E of 2.csv

or

if column H of 1.xls is lower than column D of 1.xls then match column I of 1.xls with column B of 2.csv & if it matches then put this symbol ">" in column D of 2.csv & copy paste the data of column K of 1.xls in column E of 2.csv
    Run macro ( from here https://www.ozgrid.com/forum/index.p...54#post1233954 )
    Code:
    Sub STEP8() '   http://www.excelfox.com/forum/showthread.php/2461-copy-and-paste-by-vba?p=13126&viewfull=1#post13126
    Dim Wb1 As Workbook, Wb2 As Workbook
    Dim rg1 As Range, i As Long, c As Range
    Set Wb1 = Workbooks("1.xls")       '  Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\1.xls")
    Set Wb2 = Workbooks("Alert.txt")   '  Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\WolfieeeStyle\Desktop\Alert..csv")
    Set Ws1 = Wb1.Worksheets.Item(1)
    Set Ws2 = Wb2.Worksheets.Item(1)
    Set rg1 = Ws1.Cells(1, 1).CurrentRegion
        With rg1
            For i = 2 To rg1.Rows.Count
                If .Cells(i, 8) > .Cells(i, 4) Then    ' if column H of 1.xls is greater than column D of 1.xls
                Set c = Ws2.Columns(2).Find(.Cells(i, 9)) ' match column I of 1.xls with column B of 2.csv
                    If Not c Is Nothing Then 'if match found
                    c.Offset(, 2).Value = "<"          '  put this symbol "<" in column D of 2
                    c.Offset(, 3).Value = .Cells(i, 11) '  copy paste the data of column K of 1.xls in column E of 2.csv
                    End If
                Else   '    if column H of 1.xls is lower than column D of 1.xls
                Set c = Ws2.Columns(2).Find(.Cells(i, 9)) '  match column I of 1.xls with column B of 2.csv
                    If Not c Is Nothing Then 'if match found
                    c.Offset(, 2).Value = ">"            '  then put this symbol ">" in column D of 2.csv
                    c.Offset(, 3).Value = .Cells(i, 11)  '  copy paste the data of column K of 1.xls in column E of 2.csv
                    End If
                End If
            Next i
        End With
    End Sub
    After - results after running macro above

_____ Workbook: Alert.txt ( Using Excel 2007 32 bit )
    Row\Col
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    NSE
    A
    NSE
    >
    A
    NSE
    >
    A
    NSE
    >
    A
    NSE
    <
    A
    NSE
    >
    A
    Worksheet: Alert

1.xls : https://app.box.com/s/38aoip5xi7018y9syt0xe4g04u95l6xk
    macro.xlsm : https://app.box.com/s/599q2it3uck3hfwm5kscmmgtn0be66wt
    Alert.csv : https://app.box.com/s/4ejptbaggn67nc91yz9jhgcefm2qae0r
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!