Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Notes tests, Scrapping, YouTube

Fuhrer, Vierte Reich DocAElstein's Avatar
    AKJDakjdha
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    If you are my enemy, we will try to kick the fucking shit out of you…..
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

ljdcsljd
    ….If you are my competitor, I will try all I can to beat you. But if I do, I will not belittle you. I will Salute you, because without you, I am nothing.
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

AKJDakjdha
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

ljdcsljd
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

Some note in support of this main forum post
    https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic....303644#p303644

Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

This is post https://excelfox.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post19610
    #post19610
    It was copied initially before I edited it from the post above, #post16727 , and that #post16727 stayes yellow highlighted after the copy

Some note in support of this main forum post
    https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic....303644#p303644
    https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic....303704#p303704

„WieGehtsYouTubeServerChrome.txt“ https://app.box.com/s/a7k2izgyzqhd7f98hlaq9csw0l4tyyl6

Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

First main working coding attempt

First main working coding attempt, explanation in 'comments and last post

Code:

Sub GetStuffFrom11DigitYouTube()
    Rem 0 Worksheets info
    Dim WsYT11 As Worksheet: Set WsYT11 = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("ElevenDigitYT")
    Dim RngWsYT11 As Range: Set RngWsYT11 = WsYT11.Range("A1:A1008")
    Dim Unics As String
    Dim Cnt As Long
        For Cnt = 2 To 1009
            If InStr(1, Unics, RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Value2, vbBinaryCompare) = 0 Then ' Check to see if I not got this the 11 digit bit yet .....   but there may be duplicates for the list from each text file as I click a bit above the last link, say on 76th link ,rather than the typical last 79th link, ( if I clicked on the 79th link I would get the unique 11 digit bit for the 79th video twice from the first two text files, by clicking on the 76th link I will get in both the first two text files the 11 digit bit for the 76th 77th 78th and 79th )
             Let RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 1).Value2 = RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Value2 ' Puts the 11 digit bit in column B if i have not had that 11 digit bit yet
             Let Unics = Unics & RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Value2 & " " ' Put the 11 digit bit in a string which i check to see if i got this one already
            Else
             ' already got this 11 digit bit, so leave the row empty
            End If
        Next Cnt
    Rem 1 The main stuff now - take every 11 digit bit , make a full link of it, scrape all the text and do all the business
        For Cnt = 2 To 1009
            If RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 1).Value2 <> "" Then
                With CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
                 .Open "GET", "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" & RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 1).Value2, False ' '
                 .setRequestHeader "User-Agent", "Chrome"  '  https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=303639#p303639
                 .send ' varBody:= ' No extra info for type GET. .send actually makes the request
                    While .readyState <> 4: DoEvents: Wend ' Allow other processes to run while the web page loads. Think this is part of the True option
                Dim PageSrc As String: Let PageSrc = .responseText ' Save the HTML code in the (Global) variable. ': Range("P1").Value = PageSrc 'For me for a print out copy to text file etc.    The responseText property returns the information requested by the Open method as a text string
                End With
                '_1(ii)  Optional secion  to put the text string into a text file , for ease of code developments and debugging
            Dim FileNum2 As Long: Let FileNum2 = FreeFile(0)                                  ' https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/language-reference-vba/articles/freefile-function
            Dim PathAndFileName2 As String
             Let PathAndFileName2 = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & "WieGehtsYouTubeServerChrome" & RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 1).Value2 & ".txt" ' "WieGehtsYouTubeServerChrome526" & ".txt" ' "WieGehtsYouTubeServerChrome451" & ".txt" '  "WieGehtsYouTubeServerChrome376" & ".txt" '  "WieGehtsYouTubeServerChrome301" & ".txt" '  "WieGehtsYouTubeServerChrome226" & ".txt" '  "WieGehtsYouTubeServerChrome151" & ".txt" '  "WieGehtsYouTubeServerChrome76" & ".txt"   '   "WieGehtsYouTubeServerChrome1" & ".txt"   '
            Open PathAndFileName2 For Output As #FileNum2 ' ' The text file will be made if not there, and if it is there and already contains data, then the data will be overwritten
             Print #FileNum2, PageSrc '
             Close #FileNum2

' If RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 1).Value2 = "GWGzz5p5D80" Then Stop In case I want to stop at a particular 11 digit bit for debugging
            Dim TextBit As String ' The idea is to get a chunk of text that seems to have all the info I want
             Let TextBit = Split(PageSrc, "videoDescriptionHeaderRenderer""", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(1)
             'Let TextBit = Mid(TextBit, 1, 600)
             Let TextBit = Mid(TextBit, 1, 1400)

Dim Title As String
    '         Let Title = Split(TextBit, ":{""title"":{""runs"":[{""text"":""", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(1)
    '         'Let Title = Split(Title, """}]},""channel""", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(0)
    '         Let Title = Split(Title, """}", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(0)
    '            If InStr(1, TextBit, """,""navigationEndpoint""", vbBinaryCompare) <> 0 Then
    '            Let Title = Split(TextBit, ":{""title"":{""runs"":[{""text"":""", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(1)
    '            Dim Pos1nav As Long, Pos2nav As Long
    '             Let Pos1nav = InStr(1, Title, """,""navigationEndpoint""", vbBinaryCompare)
    '             Let Pos2nav = InStr(Pos1nav, Title, "{""text"":""", vbBinaryCompare)
    '             Let Title = Left(Title, Pos1nav - 1) & Right(Title, Len(Title) - (Pos2nav + 8))
    '             Let Title = Split(Title, """}", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(0)
    '            Else
    '            End If
    '  That above checked for link text crap, but only worked if the link was at the beginning of the title: If the link was inside it or at the end, we will end up with multiple text bits, (and the link text crap)  I need to join together and ignore link text crap  -  BTW "link text crap" is what comes after the text seen for the link which is needed to make it work, but i don't want it        .... Text1 .. Textseenforlink .. textcrapneededtomakelinkwork  ... Text3    etc
            Dim posTxtTag As Long ' Usually there will be just one bit of   {"text":"    after which come the title, but sometimes there may be a few as in the case of a link in the title..
             Let posTxtTag = InStr(1, TextBit, "{""text"":""", vbBinaryCompare)
                Do While posTxtTag <> 0 And posTxtTag < InStr(1, TextBit, """channel""", vbBinaryCompare) ' hopefully the text    channel  always comes after the title and before anything else I want
                Dim posTxtTagEnd As Long, posTxtTagEnd2 As Long
                 Let posTxtTagEnd = InStr(posTxtTag, TextBit, """,""navigationEndpoint", vbBinaryCompare)  ' This gives me the end of the text for the case of a link text
                    If posTxtTagEnd = 0 Then Let posTxtTagEnd = 999 ' If I ain't got a link then I make this big so it does not get used
                 Let posTxtTagEnd2 = InStr(posTxtTag, TextBit, """}", vbBinaryCompare)  ' mostly this would be the end of a text bit
                 Let posTxtTagEnd = Application.WorksheetFunction.Min(posTxtTagEnd, posTxtTagEnd2) ' Whatever text end I have or watever text end comes first will be used
                 Let Title = Title & Mid(TextBit, posTxtTag + 9, (posTxtTagEnd - (posTxtTag + 9))) ' mostly this would only be done once, just more times for building the text if its split into bits by the use of a link in the title
                 Let posTxtTag = InStr(posTxtTagEnd, TextBit, "{""text"":""", vbBinaryCompare) ' This will mostly be 0, unless text is split into bits by the use of a link in the title
                Loop ' While posTxtTag <> 0
             Let RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 2).Value2 = Title
             Let Title = "" ' If i don't do this the  Title = Title &   coding will keep adding the titles together
             RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 2).Select ' This is helpful or else I cant see the worksheet being filled after the first few
            ' To get the next info i use a lot the  Split Split  bit Yasser showed me   https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=303638#p303638
            Dim Views As String
             Let Views = Split(TextBit, """},""views"":{""simpleText"":""", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(1)
             Let Views = Split(Views, " Aufrufe""}", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(0)
             Let Views = Replace(Views, ".", "", 1, -1, vbBinaryCompare) ' I don't like seperators of any kind
             Let RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 4).Value2 = Views
            Dim PubDate As String
             Let PubDate = Split(TextBit, "publishDate"":{""simpleText"":""", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(1)
             Let PubDate = Split(PubDate, """},""factoid"":[{", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(0)
             Let RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 3).Value2 = PubDate
            ' date nightmares again
            Dim PubDateV2 As Long, Naw As Long ' DateSerial(year, month, day)
            Dim PubDateRaw As String: Let PubDateRaw = Replace(PubDate, "Premiere am ", "", 1, 1, vbBinaryCompare)
             Let PubDateV2 = DateSerial(Right(PubDateRaw, 4), Mid(PubDateRaw, 4, 2), Left(PubDateRaw, 2))
             Let Naw = Evaluate("=NOW()"): ' Debug.Print Naw
    '         Debug.Print Format(PubDateV2, "\Da\y i\s " & "dddd")
    '         Debug.Print Format(PubDateV2, "dddd DD mmm YYYY") & " " & Format(Naw, "dddd DD mmm YYYY")
             Let RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 3).Value2 = PubDateV2
             Let RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 3).Value = PubDate
             Let RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 3).Value = Format(PubDateV2, "dddd DD mmm YYYY")
             Let RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 5).Value = Int(Views / (Naw - PubDateV2))
            Dim Likeses As String
             Let Likeses = Split(TextBit, "Mag ich\""-Bewertungen""},""accessibilityText"":""", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(1)
             Let Likeses = Split(Likeses, " \""Mag ich\""-Bewertungen", 2, vbBinaryCompare)(0)
                If InStr(1, Likeses, "Keine", vbBinaryCompare) = 0 Then ' Sometimes the likes are not there  or not showmn or something - only happend in a video not from the main author
                 'Let RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 6).Value = Likeses
                 Let RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 7).Value = Int(Likeses / (Naw - PubDateV2))
                Else
                 Let Likeses = "Keine"
                End If
             Let RngWsYT11.Item(Cnt).Offset(0, 6).Value = Likeses
            RngWsYT11.Parent.Columns("A:H").AutoFit
            Else
            End If
        Next Cnt
    End Sub

ljdcsljd
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!

AKJDakjdha
    Winston Churchill, 1939
    Save your Forum..._
    _...KILL A MODERATOR!!